December 21, 2011

And Baby Makes Three - Fear of Change

My life, just now, feels like it couldn't get much better.

I have heard time and time again how parents don't remember what life was like before they had kids.  They wonder what they did with their free time, what they talked about at dinner, etc.  I know that Baby P. is going to bring us more joy than we can even imagine.

Still, I love this life that we have right now.

I'm not sure that I want to lose it.  I know for sure that I don't want to forget what it is like.  I love our quiet nights at home.  Our "coffee shop" time in the living room or actual coffee shops.

I feel like I am generally pretty good with accepting change (or maybe I just tell myself that I am), but this one scares me a little bit.  I keep thinking about the cliche, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

I know that God has a plan for us.  Also, Mr. Blessings and I have both longed to be parents for quite a while and I think that God instilled that desire in our hearts for a reason.  As we move closer and closer to the time when our lives will forever change, I pray more and more fervently for a smooth transition to parenthood and joyful acceptance of our lives as a family of three, rather than two.

brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment