December 17, 2011

Nativity



I purchased the first part of our Willow Tree nativity set (shown above) within the first month of our marriage.

Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus were bought at a Christmas store in Estes Park, Colorado two weeks after we were married. 

The starry background piece was a housewarming gift from Mr. Blessings' parents.

The shepherds were a gift for our first Christmas as a married couple.

The wisemen were a gift to commemorate the impending birth of Baby P. 

I made the Bethlehem painting to frame the scene, the winter of our first Christmas as a married couple and our first Christmas living in our first house.

The set is complete.

It is going to be one of those things that was just "always there" for Baby P. and all of our future Baby P.'s .  Our children will probably never wonder where it came from or realize the significance that it holds for me - - marking so many of our newlywed milestones.

They will, I hope, spend countless hours looking at it and rearranging the figurines.  I remember my sister and I doing just that with our mom's nativity set.  We had so much fun setting up all of the important players that were present at the birth of Jesus.  We would try to find the best arrangement, only to find a new "best" the next day.  

I hope that, as our family grows, our nativity set will spark endless conversations about the birth of our Savior. 

brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment