December 14, 2011

Weekly Photo Shoot for Baby P.

I have long been enamored with John and Sherry of Young House Love and as soon as they started their weekly photo ops with baby Clara, I knew that I would have to do something similar whenever a baby graced our home.  

I love the way that Clara’s project turned out, but I want to do something a little different for Baby P.
 
I bought a yard of soft grey wool fabric with a subtle pattern.  This will be the backdrop for every photo throughout the year. My plan (for now, anyway) is to dress him in a white onesie for each photo shoot and to use Picnik to add text - labeling each photo with the week it was taken.

The big plan for these photos is to compile a book a la Shutterfly (or a similar service) with each weekly photo and some commentary along the way.  I purchased a 2012 calendar that I plan to incorporate into the book.

So, for January, when baby is (hopefully) not yet born, I will include the calendar page and some commentary about baby showers and final preparations.

For February, I will include a page (or two or three) with his first weekly photos and then a separate page with the calendar and notes on his first few weeks of life.

And so on.

I am quite excited about this project.  It will be so fun to see how he changes and grows each week and to make a keepsake in the process. 

brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment