November 29, 2011

It's A Boy!


This is old news around our house, by now; we've known that Baby P. is a boy for almost 8 weeks.  But, I realized, that I had failed to mention the big news here on this little bloggity-blog of mine, so I thought I better get to sharing.

It felt like a really big surprise at first because Mr. Blessings and I both really thought we were having a girl. Over the past several weeks, though, my brain seems to have really settled into the idea.

One of my best friends is having a girl and is due the same week that I am.  Whenever I hear her refer to her baby as a girl it kind of catches me off guard.  I guess that, in my head, all in-tummy babies are boys, now. 

Having a baby boy is certainly making the name game much more difficult than it would have been if we were having a girl.  It is also making decorating the nursery a bit more challenging as Mr. Blessings has told me that the things I have chosen are not "manly" enough.

I am so, so, so looking forward to playing trucks with my little guy and reading him lots and lots of books.  I think Mr. Blessings is most  looking forward to having someone to teach about the joys of basketball and fishing.  I love that little boys are (generally) such physical little beings; three cheers for wrestling matches on the living room floor!

Our baby will be the first grandchild on my side of the family and the first grandson on Mr. Blessings'.  He is going to be one well-loved child.

I feel so honored to get to be his mama.  I can hardly wait to meet him!

brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment