November 18, 2011

That's Not My Baby


Want to know something creepy that I've been doing for the past few weeks?


I've been sketching up birth announcement designs for our soon-to-be baby using online stock photos of other people's newborns.  Yep.  I think that qualifies as creepy.


I think, as soon as our own little guy arrives and his real announcements have been designed, that I need to do a thorough sweep of my photo files to get rid of all of these pseudo-babies.  I can just imagine the poor kid someday looking through our digital photo files and wondering why there are birth announcements for all of these other babies with his name on them.


Okay, well he doesn't technically have a name yet (that's to be the subject of another post or probably two or three), but I have been trying out lots of name possibilities on these poor unsuspecting children.
  
I admit that borrowing newborn photos from other people to practice my announcements is a weird thing to do.  Still, I haven't found any other way of making them that it is at all satisfying or realistic.  I mean, I can't just make an announcement using a stick figure (as above) or using a photo of myself.  It doesn't translate.  


Do you agree?  Do you think I have lost my marbles?  Have you done something similar?  Please tell me that you have.  I need to know that I am not alone here. 


brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment