February 01, 2012

My Pregnancy - 36 Weeks


I’ve been having contractions for just more than a week now.

When the first one happened, I wasn’t paying close attention and just thought to myself, “Hmmm.  That felt kind of weird.”  When the second one happened, I paid attention.  I felt somewhat short of breath and felt like the muscles of my uterus were slowly tightening and then releasing.  I went to the doctor the next day and he confirmed that these are Braxton-Hicks contractions. 

Having these contractions is oddly comforting.  It helps me to feel like we (baby and I) are making progress toward his eventual arrival. 

My main feelings of the week: I am anxious for his arrival and for this pregnancy to be over and done with.

The night time back aches have pretty much gone away.  They have been replaced with increased pains in my hands, increased need for potty breaks (especially in the middle of the night) and a racing brain in the middle of the night.  I wake up to go potty and then can’t fall back asleep because my brain is running a million miles an hour.  

brooke
Note: At posting date, I am in my 37th week of pregnancy.  This is a journal entry from week 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment