In my 25 week post, I made a quick list of things that needed to be done before Baby P's arrival. I think it's about time to revisit that post, as the little one could be arriving at any time.
Here we go:
- Finish crocheting the baby afghan.
- This one is not going to happen. I have the squares approximately 80% done, but my pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel hardly lets me type, let alone crochet. So, this project will have to be completed sometime after Baby P's arrival....assuming that the carpal tunnel goes away.
Buy more winter maternity clothes.
- Success! I am going to make it through my pregnancy without spending a ton of money and without going naked. My winter coat is becoming rather difficult to zip, but I will persevere!
Go to the doctor...many more times.
- I've been faithfully going as scheduled. We are now to weekly appointments until this kiddo decides to make his arrival.
Get a car seat, extra car seat base and a stroller.
- This "to do" item was just completed in the last week. We ended up buying a jogging stroller that allows our car seat to attach to it for use during the first few months.
Take the prenatal class at the hospital.
- Done! And for extra credit we also took a breastfeeding class.
Acquire more kid books.
- I think we now have more than enough books and I have already been daydreaming about taking the little guy on his first visit to the library.
Buy a crib.
- My mama kindly purchased us a crib as a shower gift. It is up and ready to go!
Find a pediatrician.
- Done! And her office is not only within walking distance from our house, but also open on both Saturdays and Sundays. How lucky are we?
Arrange for daycare.
- We found a mom in our neighborhood who is starting a small daycare and she has been hired!
Plan Baby P.'s weekly photo shoot.
- I have purchased fabric and feel generally prepared for my plan. As a shower gift, I received the book, "Mamarazzi: Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids." I also purchased a 35mm f1.8 lens. I have been playing around with it for the past few weeks and I am convinced that it will take some wonderful baby photos. Yay! You can learn more about my general photo shoot plan in my Weekly Photo Shoot post.
Wash all of the baby clothes.
- They have been washed and are ready to go! Blankets and diapers, too.
Acquire an adequate supply of cloth diapers and related accessories.
- We are renting our newborn cloth diapers for use during the first few months. After that, I think we are good to go. Between a few "new" purchases, shower gifts, craigslist and consignment, I think that we should have more than enough diapers. Woot!
- Decide on a name!!!! (Or at least, a short list of names.)
- I don't think that I can cross this one off as "done," but I would say that we have made some excellent progress. I am confident that our baby will have a name within the first few hours of his life. :) It is just so hard to decide and agree on anything. One thing we have accomplished, on this front: we have decided on a middle name. That's progress, right?